Las Vegas welcomed a record 42.9 million international and domestic visitors in 2016, with more and more GCC travellers choosing to visit the destination. Since its Rat Pack days, this vibrant destination has been inextricably associated with legendary shows and entertainers, earning itself the title of ‘Entertainment Capital of the World’.
Say Las Vegas and it's likely that performers in elaborate headdresses and Cirque du Soleil shows will spring to mind, but there is so much more to discover. Today, the Las Vegas entertainment scene still has plenty of its classic glamour, but it has evolved to include a line-up of world-renowned concert headliners, Michelin-star chefs, award-winning magicians, Broadway-calibre productions and unique-to-Las Vegas attractions.
Here are 10 things to try in Las Vegas to make your stay as unforgettable as possible:
1) For those looking for a more unique experience in Las Vegas, the Natural Wonder Experience by Maverick Helicopters and Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas is the ideal activity, offering an exclusive luxury helicopter flight and culinary experience featuring remote Grand Canyon and Valley of Fire landings. Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters also offers unforgettable “flightseeing” experiences of the world-famous Hoover Dam as well as Lake Mead and the rugged, volcanic terrain of Black Canyon.
2) SPEEDVEGAS opened in April 2016, transforming 100 acres of South Las Vegas Blvd. into the destination’s newest, adrenaline-inducing supercar experience. The SPEEDVEGAS experience features a masterfully designed supercar course, welcome centre and event centre.
3) Opened in 2012, The National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement (The Mob Museum) continues to impress visitors with its interactive presentation of organised crime's impact on Las Vegas' history, and its unique imprint on America and the world.
4) From Michelin starred restaurants to casual dining, the choice of F&B outlets in Las Vegas is unrivalled. 2017 sees even more restaurants added to its offering, including Morton’s The Steakhouse at Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas at MGM Grand, Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips at The LINQ Promenade, Momofuku at The Cosmopolitan, Mercato della Pescheria at the Venetian's Grand Canal Shoppes, Libertine Social at Mandalay Bay, Harvest at Bellagio and MR CHOW at Caesar’s Palace.
5) The newly opened "BAZ - Star Crossed Love" opened at The Palazzo Las Vegas in July 2016, offering a new generation cabaret and high-energy movie-music mash-up that blends the world's most iconic love stories as imagined by famed film visionary Baz Luhrmann.
6) Shop till you drop at the Las Vegas North Premium Outlets, featuring 175 designer and name-brand outlet stores with savings of 25% to 65% on quality brands including Coach, Kate Spade, Michael Kors, Nike, Saks Fifth Avenue, Tory Burch and many more.
7) In May 2016, Topgolf opened its flagship location in Las Vegas. The only entertainment venue of its kind, Topgolf boasts 108 climate-controlled hitting bays, two pools, cabanas, a concert venue, VIP suites, a comfort food-inspired menu, and a Callaway Fitting Studio. At the heart of Topgolf, guests will find interactive golf games in the hitting bays that can host up to six players at one time, featuring lounge-style seating and HDTVs. Golf games can be enjoyed by all ages and skill levels, tracking the accuracy and distance of players’ shots through Topgolf’s micro-chipped golf balls.
8) Cirque du Soleil and its ethereal combination of acrobats and special effects continue to dazzle audiences all along the Strip with its seven shows at a variety of properties. One of the groups more popular shows is Bellagio's “O” - the troupe's first foray into aquatic theatre which features a pool containing 1.5 million gallons of water. Other Cirque du Soleil residencies include Mystere at Treasure Island; Zumanity at New York-New York Hotel; and KÀ at MGM Grand.
9) Wynn Las Vegas’ Le Rêve – The Dream welcomes guests into an exciting and mysterious world inside an incredible aqua theatre-in-the-round. The performers combine underwater acrobatics with breath-taking aerial feats to create one of the most mesmerizing shows on the Strip.
10) Thrill seekers will be amazed with the X-Scream and SkyJump at the Stratosphere. Jutting 1,149 feet into the Vegas skyline, the iconic Stratosphere Tower is the tallest freestanding observation tower in the United States. The white-knuckle ride that is X-Scream will test even the bravest of the brave and the bungee jump is a controlled free-fall from the 108th floor.
So, what are you waiting for? Visit the city that never sleeps and experience an unforgettable adventure.